Your order will be packed safe and secure and dispatched within 24 hours. This is exactly how your parcel will look like (pictures of a real shipping item). It has a size and a look of a regular private letter (9.4×4.3×0.3 inches or 24x11x0.7cm) and it does not disclose its contents
Calcort is used to treat various types of inflammations including asthma, arthritis and allergies, problems of the digestive system, skin, eyes, kidney, heart or blood. It is also used to suppress immune response (to prevent rejections in organ transplants) and in various tumors.
Treatment of acute overdosage is by immediate gastric lavage or emesis followed by supportive and symptomatic therapy. For chronic overdosage in the face of severe disease requiring continuous steroid therapy, the dosage of Calcort may be reduced temporarily, or alternate day treatment may be introduced.
This medication contains deflazacort. Do not take Emflaza if you are allergic to deflazacort or any ingredients contained in this drug.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your doctor.
Side effects of Deflazacort include:
- Cushingoid appearance
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary frequency
Less common side effects of deflazacort include:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Excess unwanted hair growth
- Central obesity
- Abdominal discomfort
- Eye disorders: increased earing
- Gastrointestinal disorders: indigestion/heartburn, nausea,
- General disorders and administration site conditions: Thirst
- Infections: stye, impetigo, influenza, outer ear infection, sore throat, tooth abscess, urinary tract infection (UTI), viral infection
- Injury, poisoning and procedural complications: Back injury, contusion, face injury, fibula fracture, greenstick fracture, heat exhaustion
- Investigations: Glucose urine present, heart rate irregular
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders: Back pain, muscle spasms, muscle pain, neck mass, neck pain, pain in extremities
- Nervous system disorders: Dizziness, psychomotor hyperactivity
- Psychiatric disorders: Affect lability, aggression, depression, emotional disorder, middle insomnia, mood altered, mood swings, sleep disorder
- Renal and urinary disorders: Abnormal coloration of urine, painful urination, hypertonic bladder
- Reproductive system and breast disorders: Testicular pain
- Respiratory, thoracic, and mediastinal disorders: Hypoventilation, runny nose
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: Acne, hair loss, dermatitis
- Vascular disorders: Hot flush
Postmarketing side effects of deflazacort reported include:
- Blood and lymphatic system disorders: Leukocytosis
- Cardiac disorder: Heart failure
- Eye disorders: Chorioretinopathy, corneal or scleral thinning
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Acute pancreatitis (especially in children), hemorrhage, peptic ulceration, perforation of peptic ulcer
- General disorders and administration site conditions: Fluid retention (edema), impaired healing
- Immune system disorders: Hypersensitivity including anaphylaxis
- Metabolism and nutrition disorders: Impaired carbohydrate tolerance with increased requirement for antidiabetic therapy, negative protein and calcium balance, potassium loss and hypokalemic alkalosis when co-administered with beta2-agonist and xanthines
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders: Avascular necrosis, muscle wasting, negative nitrogen balance, tendonitis and tendon rupture when co-administered with quinolones, vertebral and long bone fractures
- Nervous system disorders: Aggravation of epilepsy, increased intracranial pressure with papilledema in children (pseudotumor cerebri) usually after treatment withdrawal, spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Psychiatric disorders: Anxiety, cognitive dysfunction including confusion and amnesia, delusions, hallucinations, mania, suicidal thoughts
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: Toxic epidermal necrolysis
- Vascular disorders: Thromboembolism, in particular in patients with underlying conditions associated with increased thrombotic tendency, benign intracranial hypertension
This document does not contain all possible side effects and others may occur. Check with your physician for additional information about side effects.